hex boosted
hex boosted
hex boosted

Holy fuck

"Between 2018 and 2021, more than one in 33 U.S. residents were potentially subject to police patrol decisions directed by crime-prediction software called PredPol.

The company that makes it sent more than 5.9 million of these crime predictions to law enforcement agencies across the country—from California to Florida, Texas to New Jersey—and we found those reports on an unsecured server."

gizmodo.com/crime-prediction-s

hex boosted
hex boosted

Further and deeper into the "NFTs are fundamentally for grifting and money launding" well we find this dataset, showing that 10% of NFT traders have traded 97% of all NFTs, accounting for at least 85% of all trades to said NFTs.

10% of all buyer-seller groups have the same volume as the remaining 90%.

NFTs are almost entirely valued by wash trading, and they don't even try and hide it.

Data available here: osf.io/xnj3k/?view_only=319a53

hex boosted
hex boosted

It is upsetting we live in a world where this is a thing though:

hex boosted
hex boosted

Pol state violence 

I'm sick of cops trying to murder or help people murder people I care about.

hex boosted
hex boosted

Sea Pol 

Sound Transit has a survey up about fare enforcement. If you are in the Greater Seattle area, please take 5 minutes to tell them transit should be free/there should be no penalties for people who can't pay the fare
bit.ly/soundtransitfare

hex boosted

"For the settler colony to succeed, the Natives had to be erased, assimilated or else mythologized out of existence. Thanksgiving is part of that project. It changes the narrative from one of truth and remembrance to one of a romantic point of origin, from which thanks rather than regret becomes the national feeling imputed to the aftermath of a massacre."

Thanksgiving Is Dedicated to Erasing the Ruthlessness of English Settlers
by Joseph M. Pierce

truthout.org/articles/thanksgi

hex boosted
hex boosted
hex boosted

Over the past five years, anarchists and anti-fascists have made an admirable effort to slow the escalation of violence.

Unfortunately, the Rittenhouse verdict may exacerbate matters.

Please learn about how to respond to gunshot wounds at demonstrations:

crimethinc.com/gunshotwounds

You can also learn about options for body armor:

crimethinc.com/bodyarmor

And how street medics can treat common injuries at demonstrations:

crimethinc.com/TreatingPoliceV

hex boosted

You really going to let them get away with this?

You really going to let that white supremacist little shit, walk around for the rest of his life. Carefree and with no repercussions.

You really going to let that smug ass judge, get away with declaring open season on protesters?

You really going to let the legal system, get away with.... That?

Well I guess we're all rioters and looters now

So let's act like it and...

BURN THE FUCKING COURTHOUSES!!!

hex boosted
hex boosted
Show older
kolektiva.social

A collective effort to offer federated social media to anarchist collectives and individuals in the fediverse. Registrations are open. Kolektiva.social is made by anarchists and anti-colonialists, for the social movements and for liberation!